streaming mode | Duration/silence category
- rms (real) - rms values array
- fadeIn (matrix_real) - 2D-array containing start/stop timestamps corresponding to fade-ins [s] (ordered chronologically)
- fadeOut (matrix_real) - 2D-array containing start/stop timestamps corresponding to fade-outs [s] (ordered chronologically)
- cutoffHigh (real ∈ (0, 1], default = 0.85) :
- fraction of the average RMS to define the maximum threshold
- cutoffLow (real ∈ [0, 1), default = 0.2) :
- fraction of the average RMS to define the minimum threshold
- frameRate (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 4) :
- the rate of frames used in calculation of the RMS [frames/s]
- minLength (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 3) :
- the minimum length to consider a fade-in/out [s]
This algorithm detects fade-in and fade-outs time positions in an audio signal given a sequence of RMS values. It outputs two arrays containing the start/stop points of fade-ins and fade-outs. The main hypothesis for the detection is that an increase or decrease of the RMS over time in an audio file corresponds to a fade-in or fade-out, repectively. Minimum and maximum mean-RMS-thresholds are used to define where fade-in and fade-outs occur.
An exception is thrown if the input "rms" is empty.
-  Fade (audio engineering) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fade-in