streaming mode | Tonal category
- pcp (vector_real) - the pitch class profile from which to detect the chord
- chords (string) - the resulting chords, from A to G
- strength (real) - the strength of the chord
- hopSize (integer ∈ (0, ∞), default = 2048) :
the hop size with which the input PCPs were computed
- sampleRate (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 44100) :
the sampling rate of the audio signal [Hz]
- windowSize (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 2) :
the size of the window on which to estimate the chords [s]
This algorithm estimates chords using pitch profile classes. It finds the best matching major or minor triad and outputs the result as a string (e.g. A#, Bm, G#m, C). This algorithm uses the Sharp versions of each Flatted note (i.e. Bb -> A#).
- This algorithm assumes that input pcps have been computed with framesize = 2*hopsize
Quality: experimental (prone to errors, algorithm needs improvement)
 E. Gómez, "Tonal Description of Polyphonic Audio for Music Content Processing," INFORMS Journal on Computing, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 294–304, 2006.
 D. Temperley, "What's key for key? The Krumhansl-Schmuckler key-finding algorithm reconsidered", Music Perception vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 65-100, 1999.