streaming mode | Envelope/SFX category
- signal (real) - the input audio signal
- strongDecay (real) - the strong decay
- sampleRate (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 44100) :
- the sampling rate of the audio signal [Hz]
This algorithm computes the Strong Decay of an audio signal. The Strong Decay is built from the non-linear combination of the signal energy and the signal temporal centroid, the latter being the balance of the absolute value of the signal. A signal containing a temporal centroid near its start boundary and a strong energy is said to have a strong decay.
This algorithm is not defined for zero signals (i.e. silence) nor when the signal's size is less than two, as it could not compute its centroid.
-  F. Gouyon and P. Herrera, "Exploration of techniques for automatic labeling of audio drum tracks instruments," in MOSART: Workshop on Current Directions in Computer Music, 2001.