standard mode | Tonal category
- frequencies (vector_real) - the frequencies of the spectral peaks [Hz]
- magnitudes (vector_real) - the magnitudes of the spectral peaks
- tuningFrequency (real) - the tuning frequency [Hz]
- tuningCents (real) - the deviation from 440 Hz (between -35 to 65 cents)
- resolution (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 1) :
- resolution in cents (logarithmic scale, 100 cents = 1 semitone) for tuning frequency determination
This algorithm estimates the tuning frequency give a sequence/set of spectral peaks. The result is the tuning frequency in Hz, and its distance from 440Hz in cents. This version is slightly adapted from the original algorithm , but gives the same results.
Input vectors should have the same size, otherwise an exception is thrown. This algorithm should be given the outputs of the spectral peaks algorithm.
Application: Western vs non-western music classification, key estimation, HPCP computation, tonal similarity.
-  E. Gómez, "Key estimation from polyphonic audio," in Music Information Retrieval Evaluation Exchange (MIREX’05), 2005.