standard mode | Spectral category
- spectrum (vector_real) - the audio spectrum
- spectralContrast (vector_real) - the spectral contrast coefficients
- spectralValley (vector_real) - the magnitudes of the valleys
- frameSize (integer ∈ [2, ∞), default = 2048) :
- the size of the fft frames
- highFrequencyBound (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 11000) :
- the upper bound of the highest band
- lowFrequencyBound (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 20) :
- the lower bound of the lowest band
- neighbourRatio (real ∈ (0, 1], default = 0.4) :
- the ratio of the bins in the sub band used to calculate the peak and valley
- numberBands (integer ∈ (0, ∞), default = 6) :
- the number of bands in the filter
- sampleRate (real ∈ (0, ∞), default = 22050) :
- the sampling rate of the audio signal
- staticDistribution (real ∈ [0, 1], default = 0.15) :
- the ratio of the bins to distribute equally
This algorithm computes the Spectral Contrast feature of a spectrum. It is based on the Octave Based Spectral Contrast feature as described in . The version implemented here is a modified version to improve discriminative power and robustness. The modifications are described in .
 D.-N. Jiang, L. Lu, H.-J. Zhang, J.-H. Tao, and L.-H. Cai, "Music type classification by spectral contrast feature," in IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME’02), 2002, vol. 1, pp. 113–116.
 V. Akkermans, J. Serrà, and P. Herrera, "Shape-based spectral contrast descriptor," in Sound and Music Computing Conference (SMC’09), 2009, pp. 143–148.