standard mode | Loudness/dynamics category
- signal (vector_real) - the input signal
- loudness (real) - the Vickers loudness [dB]
- sampleRate (real ∈ [44100, 44100], default = 44100) :
- the audio sampling rate of the input signal which is used to create the weight vector [Hz] (currently, this algorithm only works on signals with a sampling rate of 44100Hz)
This algorithm computes Vickers's loudness of an audio signal. Currently, this algorithm only works for signals with a 44100Hz sampling rate. This algorithm is meant to be given frames of audio as input (not entire audio signals). The algorithm described in the paper performs a weighted average of the loudness value computed for each of the given frames, this step is left as a post processing step and is not performed by this algorithm.
-  E. Vickers, "Automatic Long-term Loudness and Dynamics Matching," in The 111th AES Convention, 2001.